Sunday, February 21, 2016

Week 7 Reading Reflection

Week 7 Reading Reflection


1. For this week's reading, we focused on Rediscovering Market Segmentation by Daniel Yankelovich and David Meer. The biggest surprise to me from the reading was possibly the discussion about the Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). I did not realize how popular those communities were. Seemed like that entry fee could turn people away and the fact that you don't own the condo. 


2. Nothing necessarily confused me too much. I guess the discussion about the CCRCs confused me as I did not realize how popular they were. 


3. If I were to ask the author(s) a question, I would be curious to know whether functionality for the product ever trumps marketing efforts? Or will a product that is similar just be created and marketed more effectively, thus, decreasing consumption for original product? 


4. I think that no matter the research you put in, you will never be able to target a mass audience with only marketing. I believe that no matter who you advertise to, you will be turning someone off and someone on.

No comments:

Post a Comment