Sunday, January 24, 2016

Week 3 Reading Reflection


Week 3 Reading Reflection

1.     What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations?

One thing that I found rather surprising was the amount of stress that can come along with starting a business.  Not only can it be stressful, but it can also be very mentally and physically draining. I always knew that starting your own business was difficult and that the majority of them do not last for very long, but this idea about the stress was surprising.

2.     No part of the reading was necessarily confusing for me.

3.     Two things that I would ask the author might be: Have you had any personal experience in running a business? If so, which part of the business (such as financial, operational, etc. ) did you find the most ‘stressful’? I would ask these questions as I believe they would add context to the reading, as it would provide some real life examples.

4.     I do not necessarily think the author was wrong about anything specifically, although I think that you could find stress in any business setting, especially one like starting your own business, which requires a lot of energy and major time commitments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment