Friday, January 15, 2016

My Entrepreneurship Story


     I have always somewhat considered myself an entrepreneur.  From a very young age, I have always seen problems or limitations with certain practices and have created many theoretical business ideas that could provide solutions to these limitations/problems. I have two recent entrepreneurship stories that I experienced.
     Two years ago, my cousin and I entered a collegiate business plan competition where you had to develop a winning business idea, and really think through all of the different aspects of a business such as financials, competitive strategy, etc. We came up with a business called “Juntos” that was essentially a different type of Ebay. We made it all the way to finals with it before we were eliminated. It was a great experience and it put me in touch with some other great entrepreneurs.
     Additionally, this past summer, two of my friends and I started a business called RecoveryWithCare LLC. It is a post-surgical recovery business that is still being worked on today. The website is www.recoverywithcare.com. Our logo is posted underneath.
     I am taking ENT3003 because I have always been extremely interested in entrepreneurship and I believe that this course will give me a firm foundation in the subject. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sawyer,

    It is great that you have already had experience brainstorming like an entrepreneur. I'm sure that this class will help you succeed in future competitions. I look forward to reading your future blog posts!

    -Olivia, Your ENT3003 TA Mentor

    ReplyDelete