Monday, March 21, 2016

My Unfair Advantage

My Unfair Advantage


1.       Size of Market: The actual size of the market that Juntos operates in is extremely valuable as it provides huge growth curves. I would not necessarily say it is rare again, it is a big market space. Not easily inimitable and non-substitutable.

2.       Overall Concept: I believe our concept is extremely rare and valuable, which is why I believe it reached the finals of a national collegiate business plan competition. I think the concept would be rather hard to intimate just because the scope and capital it would need to get launched. That is to say, if we developed a market presence first. I also believe that it is non-substitutable for the same reasons.

3.       Human Capital/Team: I would like to say that me and my partner (cousin) who worked on it are extremely rare and valuable as well. We both bring to the project something different but both something non-inimitable and non-substitutable.

4.       Financial Capital: We do not have the financial capital for the project yet, but my point here is that if we were to obtain financial capital and were to successfully launch Juntos, it would be rare and valuable just because of how much capital it would require. This makes it non-inimitable and non-substitutable as well because there would not necessarily be space for capital for Juntos and another website trying to offer the same service.

5.       Mentors: We have some great mentors on our team who have signed on to help. I believe they qualify above for all of the VRIN analysis.

6.       Ability to expand: Similar to point number 1, our ability to expand into other services is rare and valuable. It also makes it non-inimitable and non-substitutable if we get ahead in those new spaces quickly as well.

7.       Convenience: I think Juntos taps into such a large population of people who want to purchase products but cannot finance the cost alone.

8.       Legal Capital: I think another thing that could make Juntos unique is our ideas for the legal side. We would like to offer a streamlined service that quickly grants joint-ownership and contractual agreements which I believe could be its own sort of business later on.

9.       Social Capital: I also think Juntos fulfills the VRIN framework, as Juntos also provides users with a certain social aspect that they cannot get through any other service now. Since Juntos brings qualified buyers together, it has the opportunity to connect people who are interested in similar things.

10.   Ethical Asset: I also believe that Juntos possible could eventually offer some sort of ethical capital as it provides to people the opportunity to purchase things that would be typically outside of their financial range. This opens them up to so many new opportunities.



I think our biggest asset currently, is just how new and unique this business is. There really is no such thing as this on the market currently and nothing even close. I believe this asset will make it successful also because we believe there is a high demand for our service. 

2 comments:

  1. Sawyer I agree with your assessment of your biggest current asset. I think as long as you are the first to market than your business will offer a great product to consumers. I have never heard of something like your business and I personally can see the benefits of it. Even though we have a very different list of assets, you can check our my business here: http://buschuf.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-unfair-advantage.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sawyer,
    Uniqueness is a very important asset. How else will you stand out in a world full of companies. I would be curious to hear more about Juntos and its vision because from what I read so far its pretty cool. Check out my blog at:
    http://blazingllamas.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-unfair-advantages.html

    ReplyDelete